Cosmetic dentistry is a field of dental science that primarily deals with the appearance of the patient's teeth and enhancement of the smile. During initial consultations, the dentist would be able to explain to the patient on how they would transform smile by using various cosmetic dental remedies.
Who is a cosmetic dentist?
A cosmetic dentist knows the work around on how to build you a top-notch classic smile that would pertain to your individual needs. They have extensive and vast knowledge in the concepts of smile design and techniques to construct what is best for your smile. Cosmetic dentists also have a thorough understanding of restorative science to add both beauty and aesthetics to the smile.
What are the various cosmetic dental treatments?
Cosmetic dental treatments are meant to enhance the appearance of an individual's smile. Here are the following cosmetic dental solutions:
- Teeth Whitening:Teeth whitening is a simple yet effective cosmetic dental treatment that can work on improving the color of your teeth. The cosmetic dental procedure can be carried out at the dentist's office and at home.
- Cosmetic Bonding:Chipped or broken teeth may affect your enamel making it weak and unstable. Cosmetic bonding is a dental procedure that can improve the function of damaged teeth by attaching a tooth-colored composite resin material to it.
- Porcelain and Composite Veneers: Dental veneers are generally known to be substitutes for tooth enamel. They are thin, hard, wafer-like shells that can hide several dental imperfections.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns are cap-shaped, natural-looking porcelain crowns that are designed to cover damaged teeth.
- Dental Implants: Implants are Titanium tooth roots that are designed to replace one or more teeth roots. The implant would be fitted by a porcelain dental crown.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays are dental fillings that can either be applied to the inside of the tooth or on its biting surface. Filling material that goes inside the enamel is termed as inlay whereas the latter is termed as onlay.
- Composite fillings: Tooth colored or composite fillings are dental restorations that help restore a damaged or infected tooth. Fillings are mainly recommended post a root canal.