Oral health is a significant part of your overall health, and hence, it is important to guide and teach children to take care of their teeth from a very young age.
Pediatric dentistry or child dentistry is a specialty branch that solely focuses on taking care of your child's dental health right from his or her toddler days.
Pediatric dentists or pedodontists have the right amount of experience and qualifications to diagnose, treat, and monitor your child's dental health.
Baby teeth usually arises during the first six months. By the time the child is six or seven years old, they begin to lose their first set of teeth. Later on, the lost set of teeth would be replaced by permanent ones. As your child’s teeth transform from baby to adult teeth, it is a necessity to ensure that teeth are free from bacterial attack or other possible dental conditions. This is simply why it is advised to have your child consulted with a pediatric dentist by the time he/she is about six to seven years old.
To ensure that your child's oral health is well and in good form, we offer our patients several comprehensive treatments and dental care. A pedodontist provides the below dental services for your child:
- Carrying out oral examinations for infants and children
- Performs preventive cleaning and flouride treatment
- Advises parents on nutrition in-take and diets
- Provides habit counseling for both parents and children (discouragement of habits such as thumb sucking through oral appliances if needed)
- Starts early treatment for straightening teeth and correcting bite issues
- Performs diagnosis of oral conditions
- Treats for dental injuries (fractured or knocked out teeth)
Ways to Improve Your Child's Oral Health At Home
Help and assist your child to brush by the time he or she is two years of age. By the time your child is old enough to brush by themselves, it's time to teach them how to floss. Keep taking your child to the dentist for his or her routine hygiene visits to ensure their dental health is on track.
Request an appointment with Dr. Tognotti for your child’s dental consultation by calling our office at (925) 934 2066 or by placing an appointment online.